A House Full of Girls

Three girls in less than 2 years. Yes, we do have our hands full, but so are our hearts.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

They're Twins?

People are starting to not realize that Allison and Bridget are twins anymore. They are very different.

Allison has reddish brown shoulder length hair, green eyes and this excitement and vitality about her that just can't be described in writing. She is always into something. Allison is very mischievous, getting into things that she shouldn't be in and then being completely defiant when she is caught. Allison will never go down without a fight. She is my rebel child. Allison has a pudgy short little body and tends to throw in a hop or two everywhere she goes. She loves to run and jump and we think she will be a great athlete someday. Allie has perfected the "dirty look" and has no qualms about giving it to you. Watch out for Allison, she can be one tough cookie.

Bridget on the other hand has blond hair that has only just started to really grow at 2 years old. Before that she was completely bald. She has blue eyes that have a wonderful softness and depth to them. Bridget is gentle and sweet and kind. She loves to cuddle and would rather be held than be doing just about anything else. Don't get me wrong, though. Bridget can hold her own with Allison. If Allison has a toy that Bridget wants, Bridget takes it. She has 2 inches and 3 pounds on her sister and she uses them. Bridget is all muscle. She loves to read and learn about new things. Right now she is very interested in colors and wants to know what color everything is. She loves to do everything herself. Her favorite sentence right now is, "I do it." Very frustrating when trying to get them dressed and out the door.

They really are as different as they can get in looks and personality. When I was pregnant my husband and I wondered how we would tell them apart. Would we get them mixed up? Would we have to figure out some kind of system to know which one is which? Well, we never even came close to having this problem. Though I did love it when I was out with them as babies and everyone would stop and want to see the twins. At the time, I felt like it was a little bit of a hassle, but now I miss it. Being twins makes them special to everyone else. I, of course, know how special they both are in their own ways, but to everyone else they were special because there were two of them. Now noone even notices that they are twins anymore. I guess this is just another sign that they are growing up. But they will always be my babies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home